Monday, January 11, 2010

Lessons Learned

Over a year has zoomed by.  I've moved back to Vancouver after spending a year and a half living and working in Toronto.  It felt like I woke up from a dream.


It has been an amazing experience.  From my move, I expected to gain only work experience and to move on from my long-dragged on past relationship.  A year and a half later, looking back, I found I've learned much more.   


I have learned

  • what friendship truly is
  • that I cannot do everything myself and it is OK to accept others' help
  • family should not be taken for granted
  • when you open your heart up, you will find you are being loved more than you allow yourself to see
  • what does my mom mean by using my heart to treat others (because I've met so many friends who treated me with their heart)
  • life is too short to not live it to the fullest
  • life is not fair but still beautiful
  • what is support
  • being able to give is a blessing
  • that you can get a lot of things done but not get stressed
  • what I want and what I think is important too
  • the breeze that carry the smell of the sea makes me smile
  • you need to being at the right place, at the right time to meet the people you know and become friends is not an easy thing.  This deserve you to treasure and cherish.
  • there are places where weather determine how human live
To my surprise, I've learned much more life lessons just moving to another city within Canada than travelling to the other side of the world.  I'm so glad I have this opportunity to experience temporarily loosing something I took for granted in Vancouver.  This experience made me realize how fortunate I'm to have so much in my life.  I learned to appreciate and cherish people and things around me.

Happiness is not a thing that you have or you don't.  If you are not happy, perhaps, try to change your perception and attitude.  You may find happiness has always been around you.  It is only you never notice it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment