Monday, December 22, 2008

South America Trip Day -9: Pre-Trip

I've been waiting and waiting for 3ish months for this trip. 9 more days to go! I am glad I will be somewhere warm and sunny for the next 2 months to work on my tan, experience some new culture, and meet some new folks.

The past few months, I've been trying to learn Espanol, and asking everyone and anyone who've been to or are from the countries I will be hitting, where to go, where to eat, where to drink, what to do etc. It feels like I am much better prepare information wise for this backpacking trip. I remember my first backpacking trip was frantically trying to get all the gears and logistic stuff ready but lacking preparation for where to go. Play by the ear and advices from people who've been there are way better information from any guidebook.

This is the first trip ever that I am going because I just wanted to go. Unlike the previous 2 backpacking trips that were semi-running away or avoiding issues back at home.

This time around, the travel buddies mix is totally different from the past backpacking trip. 1st time all girls to Europe, 2nd time solo to Auzzie land, and this time around 2 guys + me. I am tagging along someone else's trip rather than organizing it like the first trip. It will definitely be interesting to see how it turns out :-P

1 comment:

  1. No kidding! I am interested to see that myself as well... Your first few days is not guaranteed to be sunny my friend. Expect cool weather instead at such high altitude!

    ReplyDelete