Monday, April 28, 2008

Pepitas on Burrard

Location: 2nd FLR @ corner of Burrard & W. 4th Street

Searching for a decent place for Spanish Tapas in Vancouver is not a easy thing to do at all. There are very limited choice. I found Pepitas on Burrard.


Food Quality:
3.5/5
It is pretty good. The portion is bigger than I thought. I don't have anything to compare to the taste and how authentic is the Spanish food as this was the first time I tried.
I tried:
  • Clam & Mussel - Bigger portion than I thought it would be. Clams and mussels were submerged in clear soup that is quite taste. I enjoyed the soup with the juices from the seafood.
  • BBQ Squid - I am a big squid or octupus fan. I might be a bit bias to this but I found the squid taste pretty good. I like the sour and freshness from the lemon.
  • Roast Lamb - Portion was quite big. Good portion of stewed meat and stewed fresh vegetables and roasted potato. I didn't find it that exciting. However, it was quite tasty as a stew dish.
  • Mexican Salad - I find it a bit sour but works well with the meat dish.
Service: 4/5
The waitress was pretty attentive to us. Nothing special.

Atmosphere: 4/5
I would love to have my birthday party here. I love the atmosphere. The restaurant is a great big space that can accommodate a few long table and you can see all your friends. There very small stage for a live band. I enjoyed the colorful paper decoration all over the restaurant. Next year, I will have my birthday party here when I am in Vancouver.

Price: $70 for 4 dishes + 2 drinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment